-A three year old girl took action like someone far older when her father collapsed inside her home on Friday, according to authorities
When her father collapsed in their living room, 3-year-old Alesaundra Tafoya knew what to do.
The Manteca, Calif., toddler walked two blocks to the fire station, where she told firefighters her father was "frozen" and needed help.
"I've been here over 20 years, it's the first time I've had a 3-year-old walk up to the fire station," Manteca Fire Department Capt. Robert Villalovoz told CBS 13. "She walked us down to her house and there her dad was, sitting in the living room, needing medical care."
According to the Manteca Bulletin, Alesaundra made it as far as the parking lot behind the fire department when members of an Alcoholics Anonymous support group meeting next door noticed that the toddler looked confused and helped her make it the rest of the way into the fire station
Alesaundra may have saved her dad's life. Her father, Frank Tafoya, says he accidentally overdosed on prescription medication. "Took a mixture of medication I wasn't supposed to at the time, a bedtime dose, and I guess I collapsed," he said.
Her parents said they'd been pointing out the fire station as a place to go to get help in case of an emergency.
Follow us On :